Florida Medical Marijuana Myths
Medical Marijuana is now legal in Florida and many people have their own ideas and interpretations about it. There are many myths surrounding medical marijuana. We have listed some of the most common myths and why they are false below.
- “I don’t have a marijuana card, but since the law passed, I really don’t need one to possess marijuana.” Florida passed Amendment 2 for marijuana usage, but it is intended for medical purposes. My Florida Green is here to help you legally obtain a medical marijuana card from a licensed and reputable doctor!
- “Medical marijuana cards are hard to obtain due to the lack of licensed doctors.” There are over 2,000 medical marijuana doctors in the state. These doctors are certified to prescribe patients medical marijuana. How do you find these doctors? My Florida Green is here to help you!
- “I have my medical marijuana card, but where can I legally purchase weed?” Dispensaries are becoming prevalent in most areas, with an increasing number of them being set to open. To help you out, My Florida Green has a guide to help you locate the nearest reputable dispensary.
- “Medical marijuana is a gateway drug.” This is false. Opioids and prescription drugs have negative effects on various body systems, but cannabis does not. Numerous case studies have shown that prescription drug abuse is a serious problem. Cannabis is a safe and natural alternative.
- “Medical marijuana is a scam and doesn’t cover any ailments.” It has been proven that medical marijuana can help if you are suffering from:
- Back Pain
- Crohn’s Disease & Gut Disorders
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) & Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Insomnia & Sleep Disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Lyme Disease
- Migraine Headaches
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle Spasms
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Severe & Chronic Pain
- Severe Nausea
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those above
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification
Additionally, Amendment 2 allows Florida Medical Marijuana Doctors to certify patients for a Medical Marijuana Card after diagnosing them with “other debilitating medical conditions of the same kind or class”. We also provide marijuana terpenes.
We set the gold standard in care, compassion and compliance for Florida Medical Marijuana Certifications. Whether you are located near Melbourne, Naples, Sarasota or St. Petersburg, you can get your medical marijuana card online. Excellent patient experiences, improved health, and education are at the heart of our mission. We provide easy, safe, and private access for both the patient and the Florida Medical Marijuana Doctor. Contact us today to see how we can help!