In recent years, there’s been a buzz surrounding Cannabidiol, with the term ‘CBD’ rolling off everyone’s tongue, piquing curiosity in the minds of those who keep hearing it. The chemical properties of Cannabidiol, a cannabinoid found in cannabis, have gathered the attention of professionals in various Health and Wellness sectors as CBD has shown to aid in treating a range of different conditions such as chronic pain, epilepsy, anxiety, and depression, to name a few. The scientific community has developed an interest in researching all possible ways CBD. Can be used to boost and improve the physical and mental wellbeing of individuals. One of the products made by extracting Cannabidiol from the cannabis plant is CBD oil. Cbd oil is used to make various products ranging from edibles to tinctures, vapes. Topicals, and even CBD-infused coffee. All of which are gaining popularity due to the ease in use and multiple benefits these items yield.
However, it is essential first to check whether you qualify for Marijuana use, you can check your eligibility on our website. Once you qualify, the next step is to consult a Marijuana practitioner and get approved for a Medical Marijuana Card. We have a large network of state-licensed Marijuana physicians, giving premium services to patients in Naples, Melbourne, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota for quick and efficient Marijuana certification process.
What is CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the two best-known components found in the cannabis plant, with the other being tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). While both these compounds come from cannabis, they affect individuals in different ways. THC is psychoactive in nature, whereas CBD is a non-psychoactive compound and does not produce any mind-altering psychological effects when used. However, studies show that CBD causes significant changes in the body by interacting with the receptors present in the endocannabinoid system, which are responsible for controlling various emotional and physical functions of the body such as moods, appetite, sleep, and many more.
CBD oil is made from the concentrated extract taken from the leaves and flowers of legal Cannabis Sativa plants. This oil usually consists of a greater concentration of CBD mixed with other carrier oils such as hemp seed or coconut oil. Sometimes CBD oil contains a very mild concentration of THC, but only in states where it is legal. CBD oil exists in various forms and concentrations; the number of options available is quite exciting and overwhelming, which is why choosing the right product with the help of a professional is recommended.
What Does CBD Oil Help with?
Recent studies on CBD oil suggest that it shows positive results when treating several ailments such as;
- Mental Health disorders: Mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, and insomnia can all be debilitating and extremely tough to live with. They have to be treated by taking psychiatric drugs, which are often accompanied by various side effects such as headaches, lack of sleep, and appetite. Consequently, many individuals living with such illnesses want to adopt a more natural approach to reduce these symptoms. CBD oil has been shown to significantly decrease such symptoms and helps in creating a calm and relaxed feeling throughout the body, especially for individuals living with anxiety
- Skin Conditions such as Acne: Another promising avenue for CBD is in the treatment of skin conditions such as acne. Individuals all over the world spend a large sum of their income on different creams, serums, and other anti-acne products in efforts to make it go away but are often left disappointed. Luckily for them, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD oil has been found to lower the production of acne-causing sebum in the body, ultimately resulting in fewer pimples and more even-looking and clear skin.
- Chronic pain: One of the main reasons for the acceptance of using CBD in the healthcare community is its life-changing effect on chronic pain patients. Research has found that CBD helps reduce chronic pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties and aid in relieving certain types of chronic pain, including back pain and nerve pain. Furthermore, combining CBD oil with THC can also be beneficial when treating arthritis pain and pain related to MS (multiple sclerosis).
- Epilepsy: Due to its ability to act on the endocannabinoid system, it is believed that CBD oil can be used to help reduce epileptic seizures in individuals. Studies show that CBD-based oral solution called Epidiolex successfully reduces lifelong seizures caused by Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome and also by Dravet Syndrome, which are two rare disorders that cause seizures from around the age of one.
Some of the Best Ways to Take CBD Oil :
As CBD oil reaps many benefits for individuals suffering from challenging diseases, it has been made into a variety of different products so that it is able to cater to the preferences of a large number of people. However, the strength and concentration of the CBD oil vary in each product which is why it is vital to consult a Medical Marijuana practitioner at My Florida Green before one starts to take it. Once approved by a professional, you can choose a product that appeals to you the most from an array of choices such as:
- Tinctures: CBD oil can be taken in the form of tinctures which are highly concentrated blends of CBD oil extracts and alcohol. The most useful way to take this product is by dropping a dose under your tongue and then swallowing it after a minute so that it is able to reach the bloodstream more quickly.
- Capsules: For individuals who prefer to take CBD oil in a more systematic and consistent way, the best option is to take it in the form of capsules. However, CBD oil capsules take at least 30 minutes before one starts to experience its effect as they are first passed through the digestive tract.
- Edibles: A slightly more pleasurable experience is to take CBD oil edibles in the form of mints, gummies, candies, cookies, and truffles, which help get rid of the CBD taste and are more enjoyable.
- Vape Pens: While many individuals do not prefer smoking. Medical Marijuana products, CBD oil can be taken through vape pens. Which are relatively easy to use and do not produce a lot of smoke. The advantage of using a vape pen is that once you inhale, CBD is able to pass into the bloodstream. Much quicker than it is when taken orally. However. It is important to consult a doctor before using this product.
- Topicals: CBD oil topicals are also a great way to relax. Relieve pain and smell great, all at the same time. Topicals come in the form of balms, lotions. And other body rubs, which contain a blend of CBD oil and other products. Such as coconut or lavender oil, making it easy to spread on the skin. Topicals help relieve muscle pain and are often preferred by arthritis patients.
Other Fun Ways to Take CBD Oil
by adding it into morning smoothies or coffee or even mixing it into your salad dressing. Interestingly CBD-infused coffee has been shown. To take away the anxiety which often occurs. When consuming caffeine and allows you to have your essential cup of coffee without the usual jitters.
However, it is imperative to know that the right method and product for taking CBD oil differs for everyone. As it is dependent upon the severity of the illness each person is facing. To make the right choice, book your appointment now with. My Florida Green if you are living in Naples, St. Petersburg, Sarasota. Or Melbourne and. Get approved for a Medical Marijuana Card.